Primarily the files on goteachmaths have been designed to support the English Mathematics GCSE curriculum. However, in total the 500 topics cover maths concepts from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4.
These resources are designed with both the student and teacher in mind. A primary concern is simplifying the process of knowledge transfer. This involves clear demonstrations of mathematical methods and then achievable and measurable goals for students. goteachmaths resources often involve immediately measurable results – either through collaborative learning or by answer-matching. This means students can monitor their progress and teachers are allowed more time to provide targeted individual support within the classroom.
Unfortunately, mathematics still faces negative mindsets from students (and often parents!). Many of the activities here are physical, cooperative or competitive. These are often things not expected in a maths lesson and this allows students to avoid the negative associations they may have with the subject and focus on achievement instead.
Furthermore, knowledge is solidified through practice and if this is provided through interesting, unique, and maybe even fun activities, the hope is students will be more likely to engage with the learning process.
Any way you want!
All the PowerPoint files on goteachmaths are fully editable so
you can use them however you want in your own lessons!
There are five different types of resource:
These all-in-one files include everything needed for a classroom presentation: starter questions, demonstrations of mathematical methods, differentiated Assessment For Learning (AFL) questions, a worksheet, and a plenary for students to check their progress at the end of a lesson.
Offered in multiple sizes, these handouts structure individual and paired student practice.
Answers are included to project or print.
These resources provide opportunities for active individual, cooperative and competitive group practice. These tasks may require some preparation like putting up posters around the classroom, or cutting up cards for students. However, many of these files (card matches, jigsaws and relay races) can easily be used as worksheets instead.
Good for reviewing learning, these competitive activities involve the teacher leading the class through a series of questions on the projector.
These files are cloned GCSE questions. In two different sizes and with worked answers, they provide an opportunity for students to check their achievement against exact requirements.
Flexibility! PowerPoint files can easily be edited and combined according to the student's needs. Importantly, examples, worksheets, and answers can be displayed for the whole class while students also have their own individual copies. And finally, animations within PowerPoint give teachers the ability to present mathematical ideas to students in a concise and colourful way.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please feel free to email: email@example.com
It would be great to hear what worked in class and what needs improvement. If you have any ideas, or want a particular resource made, send an email and it just might be possible!
Although each resource is checked, it is impossible to guarantee there are no mistakes. goteachmaths takes no responsibility for any mistakes, but please contact me so I can fix them ASAP and make sure no other teacher – or student – runs into them!
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on goteachmaths.co.uk's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on goteachmaths.co.uk's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by goteachmaths.co.uk at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on goteachmaths.co.uk's web site are provided "as is". goteachmaths.co.uk makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, goteachmaths.co.uk does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall goteachmaths.co.uk or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on goteachmaths.co.uk's Internet site, even if goteachmaths.co.uk or a goteachmaths.co.uk authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on goteachmaths.co.uk's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. goteachmaths.co.uk does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. goteachmaths.co.uk may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. goteachmaths.co.uk does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
goteachmaths.co.uk has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by goteachmaths.co.uk of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to goteachmaths.co.uk's web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.